[amibroker] Re: SmartQuant vs. AmiBroker

Sorry for the late and empty reply (i.e. no, I don't).

Still, I think you've raised an important point with this comparison,
so allow me expand on it a little.

Frequently people ask this group about comparisons between AB and
TS/MS/WLab. Frankly, I think this is a waist of time. AB is, and has
been for a long time way ahead of these "peers". However, looking back
in the mirror to see whether they are catching up is less fruitfull
(if not complacent), then looking forward to what is ahead. Iow
pointing TJ to packages that are leading edge and can provide him with
new ideas and insights is crucial in order to identify potential
improvements in AB.

In addition to SmartQuant, I would add EXPO, Matlab, and S-Plus
(FinMetrics) as examples (there are plenty more).

Admittedly, these packages are:
- much more expensive;
- supported by big companies/teams of developers;
- mostly used by professional (i.e. institutional) investors, and TJ
has made it clear that this is not a target group (unfortunately).

Nevertheless, I hope (and suspect) he seeks his inspiration from these
sources, instead of the have-beens of yesterday.

Invite others to shoot.

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tomsoyer_php" <tom.soyer@xxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have info on head to head comparison between Amibroker
and
> SmartQuant?

24 Hours. Commission-Free.