[amibroker] AlertIf Question

Think I'm missing something here ...

I have alerts that seem to work fine as I've enabled them from both
AA and indicators in preferences. ( I assume that enabling from AA in
prefs means that both scan and explore buttons should add items to the
Alert Output Grid.)

When I use AA or explorer to scan I get some but not all items showing
up in the Alert Output window versus a larger number if signals that
appear in the AA results grid. Shouldn't the results be the same as
long as the AlertIf and Buy criteria are identical ?

When I highlight an item on the results grid and then click on the
corresponding chart arrow the item then appears in the Alert Output
grid (with accompanying sound) and identifies the source correctly as
"Indicator".

Seems to me that the same results should have been generated in the
Alert Output window from the AA source after scanning.

Any suggestions as always very helpful.

Dean H.

BTW - thanks Graham for that Shape Index code - very handy,

24 Hours. Commission-Free.