-----Original Message-----
From:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J. Biran
Sent: Wednesday, Fe
bruary 01, 2006 16:53
To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Su
bject: RE: [amibroker] Can RTQ be minimized?

This is really a pet peeve of mine.

I would say stocks updated means the data for all the TRQ listed symbols
is being saved to the local database in real time or a timely manner.

The purpose is to be able to switch from one symbol to another
with no delay and a full set of data points. There are only that many
symbols you can keep open charts open for before exceeding any
CPU capabilities.

Also, when using tick based data the backfill poses some limitations in its functionality
(maybe because of IB’s restrictions).

In short, unless the data saving of a limited number of symbols is a serious
burden on AB I really do not understand the reason for this restriction.

On a positive note, there is one good reason to keep TRQ window open (slightly),
it is monitoring that data is coming in (background of the price changes to yellow
and moves around). I keep my RTQ window a small size vertically oriented just to see
the Last Price of a few symbols. I have had more than one occasion that even though
the status “light” was green, no data was registering. Only “Reconnect” fixed it.

An ideal user friendly feature could be an built in data arrival check with optional alarm,
and a pull down list of a user definable subset of TRQ symbols used to switch
between symbols with no requirement to have TRQ open at all.
(the existing pull down of symbol selection list is just too long to allow quick switching)

Joseph Biran