Re: [amibroker] counting setups and conditioning the buy on that count

Hi Rakesh,

I think, maybe, you best understand exactly what I am trying to do. I
apologize for not being clear enough if others misunderstood me.
Happens all the time. ^_-

Basically, I have a two-step operation now.  1) run an EOD
exploration with a filter statement that selects setups.  2) buy
those setups the next day if they pass the requirements in the buy
statement.

So, I guess I could define buytrigger as simply my exploration
filter, then get the count as you have done below, and amend my buy
statement to require a certain atcb number.

Let me try this, and thanks to all who have responded.

Yuki

RS> Something on these lines should be what you need if I have understood your
RS> conditions correctly:

RS> buytrigger=x;

RS> atcb=atc(buytrigger);

RS> buy=atcb>=n;

RS> On 1/30/06, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  This is probably startlingly obvious to people who can program, but I
>> am profoundly algorithmically challenged.  ^_^
>>
>> I have certain symbols that setup according to certain criteria.  I
>> want to *count* those symbols on every trading day, and then base
>> *any* buy on the *count* being at or above a certain number.
>>
>> For example, if I had only 20 setups on one day, I might write the
>> buy to not allow any trades. But if I had 50 setups I might write to
>> buy to take all of the eligible trades that day.
>>
>> I have no problem with my basic code for this system.  But I have no
>> idea how to return a count of the eligibles for any day.  I suppose I
>> need to define a variable that will be the count, and I'm practically
>> home free.  But as I say, I don't know how to get that value
>> returned.
>>
>> Yuki
>>

>>  Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.

>> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

>>   Investment management
>> software<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Investment+management+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ>
>>  Real
>> estate investment
>> software<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Real+estate+investment+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA>
>>  Investment
>> property
>> software<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Investment+property+software&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw>
>>   Software
>> support<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+support&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=MJ2jP31F3n64RDZkDadU8w>
>>  Real
>> estate investment analysis
> [...]

24 Hours. Commission-Free.