[amibroker] Re: Backtesting question

Duke,
Thanks for the info. Since all of my trading is done in IRAs, it
doesn't appear I can beat the 3 day settlement period.

Since CyberTrader and IB offer roughly the same commissions
(Cybertrader = .006/share for first 2000 shares, .003 after that; IB =
.005/share plus .003/share for API trading), I doubt if I'll go
through the hassle of changing brokers.

Maybe I should but, frankly, I've never considered using AB for
trading. I use it for end of day analysis and backtesting for trading
system development.

Cybertrader also offers a feature I've become pretty dependent on --
server held alerts. Means I can sell (with trailing stops) when I want
without having to worry about  being logged into my computer.

Dan

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/legalint/MarginRequirements/2003/20030512/

> I have accounts at IB, Fido as well as Merrill.  The advantage of IB is
> fees and markets. The advantage of ML is larger position list for
> shorts. All however clear in the same time frame.
>

> Regards,
>
> Duke Jones, CMT
>
> danielwardadams wrote:
>
> >How much difference is there in settlement periods? I'm currently
> >using CyberTrader (owned by Schwab).
> >
> >Dan
> >
> >--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, eric paradis
> ><thechemistrybetweenus@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> >>If you want to trade a system using amibroker, my
> >>advice would be switch to a broker like IB, to avoid
> >>settlement delays, and to avoid burning through your
> >>account paying high fees. Usually its only the
> >>high-priced bank style brokerages that have 3 day
> >>settlements.
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>
> >>Eric

> >>Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> >>http://mail.yahoo.com
> >>

> >Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
> >
> >To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
> >SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
> >
> >For other support material please check also:
> >http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

24 Hours. Commission-Free.