[amibroker] Re: new IQFEED plugin - bugs

It's difficult to reproduce the problem exactly.

I just created a new database (source: IQFeed, daily, local storage
enabled, 3000 bars).  I'm adding symbols to the new database using
Windows scripting host.

After adding symbols to the newly created database, backfill
inititally worked correctly when selecting symbols in the "symbols"
side window (symbol tree).

But when using "auto analysis" to force the backfill for all stocks
in the database, the problem occured again.

For example:  stock with ticker symbol "ag".  The most recent bar was
correct as shown in the realtime quotes window.  But all previous
bars displayed were clearly backfilled for a different symbol and not
for ag!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tech917" <tech917@xxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all I want to thank Thomasz for releasing a new IQFeed
> plugin.  It was overdue for a long time already.
>
> In addition, it appears that the new plugin is in a fact much more
> stable than the old one, even though I have not yet tested in
detail
> whether the old "hang up problem" still occurs sometimes.  But
> Time&Sales does now work which was not the case with the previous
> plugin.
>
> Unfortunately, the new plugin has a severe bug. As I am interested
> very much in whether other users are having the same problem too,
> I'll describe the bug here on this mailing list publicly.   I hope
> this is ok.
>
> When using the timeframe daily and trying to backfill data for a
> given ticker symbol, it is obvious that the plugin sometimes
> backfills data for a wrong ticker symbol, but not the requested one.
>
> For example, after selecting the symbol "msft",  Amibroker sets the
> title of the chart window correctly to msft.   But in the chart it
> displays data for a different ticker symbol, but not for msft.  In
my
> specific case, the data shown in the chart is apparently for one of
> the market breath indicators such as IINA.Z.
>
> The same erroneous behavior happens with many other stocks too.
Only
> the last (= right-most/most recent) bar is correct, but the
previous
> backfilled bars are for another (ie. wrong) ticker symbol.
>

> I use Amibroker 4.76beta with IQFeed Version 4.1.0.0.  Further, I
> set up a completely new Amibroker database with timeframe daily,
> datasource "IQFeed plugin" and storage "default".

24 Hours. Commission-Free.