[amibroker] Re: Please Help me on set up amibroker

Terry or anyone,

In the help files it says:

Working with intraday and daily charts
If your data source supports mixed EOD/Intraday mode (such as
eSignal or Marketcast) you can use single database for both types of
charts.

However if your data source does not support mixed EOD/Intraday mode
and if you want to have long daily histories AND intraday charts you
should consider running TWO instances of AmiBroker. One for EOD
charts and second for intraday charting. Both may use the same real-
time data source.

So I opened two seperate Amibrokers one with the IB RT feed and the
other with the EOD data.  I can get the EOD to update on a RT basis
but it seems if I have to close it down for any time I can't get it
to fill in the gaps via a backfill.  Do you have this problem?  If
so how do you fix it?

Also when I do a scan with the EOD/RT up and running I get this
error message:  Connected OK

Last Message from TWS:
APOL, 322, Error processing request:-'ReqHistoricalData': cause -
Max number of tickers has been reached

In my TWS I have 97 stocks and 3 futures in total.  So there are
only a total of 100 symbols running in TWS and I am trying to get
the stocks to update and backfill in AB not the futures.

Thanks

Eric

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:

> I do the same. The problem is likely your symbols do not match
between
> Yahoo data and IB/Quotetracker data. You can "fix" this by making
the
> primary Symbol name = IB name and making the Alias = Yahoo name.
Then
> setup a translation table in AmiQuote and it will still update your
> history correctly...which I still do every night since the last R/T
> quote is not always = official close. Plus you'll never get any
fund
> prices via R/T.
>
> Caution: Yahoo frequently has data holes or does not post on a
timely
> basis. Just watchout and run database purify frequently to make
sure
> you're playing with a full deck.
> --
> Terry

On
> Behalf Of Feng Wang
> Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 12:13
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Please Help me on set up amibroker
>

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to set up a real time daily chart using
> Amibroker. The only real time feed that I have is
> IB and QuoteTracker. I have tried both but
> both were not sucessful. I must do something wrong.
> Could somebody help me?
>
> The help file mentioned (in "setup QuoteTracker"
> section) that QuoteTracker plugin
> had daily mode ( plugin adds and updates the last
> (todays) bar with the most recent quotes in nearly
> real time- it means that you have to use it in
> conjunction with already existing end-of-day
> database.) By the way, this is exactly what I wanted.
> But at the same time the help  file (in "How to work
> with Real-Time data plugins " section) cautioned that
> the user "should NOT import quotes from ASCII files
> (this includes AmiQuote) for symbols that are already
> present in the real-time database."
>
> It is kind of confusing to me. But I went ahead to do
> my experiment.
> 1. using IB plugin.
> a. Choose EOD interval. Then used the Amiquote to
> download EOD data up to yesterday. The chart
> did not display the today's data and did not do the
> real time update.
> b. Chooose 1 minute interval. Intra day charts are
> good but no daily chart.
> c. Choose 1 minute interval and then used the Amiquote
> to download EOD data up to yesterday. In daily chart
> mode,some chart worked fine but most charts only
> displayed 1 or 2 day data.
>
> 2. using QuoteTracker plugin.
> a. Choose EOD interval. Then used the Amiquote to
> download EOD data up to yesterday.Some charts worked
> (BRCM, GOOG) but some charts (LMIA,
> CFC) did not work at all.
> b. Chooose 1 minute interval. Intra day charts are
> good but no daily chart.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome
>
> Thanks,
>
> Feng