[amibroker] Re: Addtocomposite help

Thomas,

I thought that might be an issue so I removed all of the watchlists
except for number 0 and I still had the same problem although it
came in at 99 each time which was an improvement. What I noticed was
a security that had current data but no name or description seemed
to be the missing symbol. When I replaced it with another name thats
was defined in the database it came out at 100 tickers. However, I
ran into the same problem when I imported all my original watchlists
back in and ran the full script through 13 watch lists. Each
composite did not show the full count of tickers even though there
is data for each security.

I am going to try Dan's suggestions and see if that may solve the
issue. I am thinking it must be a flag setting.

Dave

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Thomas Z." <tzg@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have tried your code and it works correct. So i rather believe
that you
> have maybe mixed watchlist 0 with watchlist 1. I would suggest to
check that
> watchlist0 really contains your tickers. Create a new watchlist
with only 2
> tickers to compare.
>

> Buy =1;
> if(InWatchList(0))
>
> {
> //Index Count
> sym = "$"+"OEX Count";
> AddToComposite(1,sym,"c");
> }
>

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Best regards
>
> Thomas
> www.tradingbasis.com
> support@xxxx
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On Behalf
> Of dmcleod1981
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 5:05 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Addtocomposite help
>
> I am having an issue when running a composite that it doesn't
appear
> to pick up all the securities in a watch list.
>
> For example I make a watch list of the S&P 100 securities and
verify
> that all of the data and symbols are current. When I run the
> following scan I get less than 100 securities. More disconcerting
is
> that the number changes each time I run it but it never equals the
> 100 total. I have the SPX as the symbol in the symbol window and I
> have the watchlist defined as for the scan.
>

> if(InWatchList(0))
>
> {
> //Index Count
> sym = "$"+"OEX Count";
> AddToComposite(1,sym,"X");
>
> ...other ATC's etc
> }
>
> I have tried substuting "C" for "X" etc but it doesn't help. Do I
> need a special flag in there?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com