Re: [amibroker] Bar concepts and formula execution help

First: Thanks for your help on this... much appreciated.

Here is my code that I am trying to get to work. I just need to get the concepts in my head and I maybe self sufficient.

I am trying to set a flag and capture the bar number, if the BUY comes on, and we don't have a new bar, then ignore it. I want to plot the arrow AT the price (the close at that instant) the buy came on. And leave it on. It is complaining about my variable BuyFlag... "you cannot use array here, please use [] to access array elements."  Will my arrow be pointing to the price the instant the indicator came on ?

This is how I am thinking, but it may not be the right way, please feel free to change the whole method.

Also, if I alter the signal and save the file, will that change be reapplied to the entire range of bars - will execution start from bar 0 to latest ? Or do I have to manually loop through all the bars and calculate the indicator again. This is the concepts part I need in my head.

Thanks.

_SECTION_BEGIN("Test Indicator");
SetBarsRequired(10000, 10000);
#pragma nocache
#include_once <PYMF Utility Functions.afl>
// get the pararmeters
TShortLen = Param( "T3 Short Len", 3, 3, 50, 1 );     // for T3
TMedLen = Param( "T5 Med Len", 5, 3, 50, 1 );      // for T5
TLongLen = Param( "T8 Long Len", 8, 3, 50, 1 );      // for T8
TTrendLen = Param( "T21 Trend Len", 13, 3, 50, 1 );     // for T21
TilsonFactor = Param( "Tilson Factor", .618, .0001, 1, .0001 );  // for Tilson T3 factor
TilsonSeparation  = Param( "T3-5 Separation", .120, 3, 50, .0001 ); // for T3 and T5 differnce
CCIShortLen = Param( "CCI Short Len", 3, 3, 50, 1 );     // for CCI Pivots
CCIMedLen = Param( "CCI Med Len", 14, 3, 50, 1 );      // for CCI Pivots
CCILongLen = Param( "CCI Long Len", 50, 3, 200, 1 );     // for CCI Pivots
CCIHighLimit = Param( "CCI High Limit", 80, 0, 300, 1 );    // for CCI sells
CCILowLimit = Param( "CCI Low Limit", -80, 0, -300, -1 );   // for CCI buys
EMALen = Param( "EMA Len", 34, 3, 200, 1 );        // EMA average length
EMASeparation  = Param( "EMA Separation", .1, 3, 200, 0001 );  // EMA separation
OutputFilePathOnly  = ParamStr( "Output File path", "C:\\TEMP\\AMI\\");  // Output file path
TraceProgram  = ParamToggle( "DebugProgram", "No|Yes", default=1 );  // do we want to turn on debugging

//  this is how I thought I should initialize my variables - this give an error
//boolean BuyFlag = False;

// get the current bar, so we know when we get a new bar for the signals
BarNumber = BarIndex();
CurrentBar = EndValue( BarNumber );

if ( BeginValue( BarIndex() == 0) ) // first bar, reset all the flags
{
 CurrentBar = -1;
 LastBar = 0;

 _TRACE ( "First Bar");
}
if (LastBar == CurrentBar )
{
   _TRACE ( TraceProgram, "Same Bar: BarIndex=" + CurrentBar );
} else {
   _TRACE ( "New Bar BarIndex=" + CurrentBar );
   // ok, new bar, reset the flags for new signals
   CheckBuy = True;
   CheckSell = True;
   CheckShort = True;
   CheckCover = True;
}

// only set these on once per bar, if they come on, the they stay on
// just dummy signals for now until we get the flags sorted out.
BuyFlag = Cross( Close, EMA(Close,9) );
if (BuyFlag == False AND CheckBuy == True )
{
   _TRACE ( "New BUY at bar: " + CurrentBar );
   Buy = True;
   CheckBuy = False;
   PlotShapes( Buy*shapeUpArrow, colorWhite ,0,Graph0,-35 );
}
SellFlag = Cross( EMA(Close,9), Close );
if (SellFlag == True AND CheckSell == True )
{
   _TRACE ( "New SELL at bar: " + CurrentBar );
   Sell = True;
   CheckSell = False;
   PlotShapes( Sell*shapeSmallDownTriangle, colorWhite,0,Graph0,-55 );
}
Buy    = ExRem(Buy,Sell);
Sell   = ExRem(Sell,Buy);
ShortFlag  = Cross( EMA(Close,9), Close );
if (ShortFlag == True AND CheckShort == True )
{
   _TRACE ( "New SHORT at bar: " + CurrentBar );
   Short = True;
   CheckShort = False;
   PlotShapes( Short*shapeDownArrow, colorBrightGreen, 0,Graph0, -35 );
}
CoverFlag  = Cross( Close, EMA(Close,9) );
if (CoverFlag == True AND CheckCover == True )
{
   _TRACE ( "New Cover at bar: " + CurrentBar );
   Cover = True;
   CheckCover = False;
   PlotShapes( Cover*shapeSmallUpTriangle, colorBrightGreen ,0,Graph0,-55 );
}
Short  = ExRem(Short,Cover);
Cover  = ExRem(Cover,Short);
// last thing we do is to save the current bar so we don't do this again
LastBar = EndValue( BarNumber );
_SECTION_END();