[amibroker] Bar concepts and formula execution help

Hi,

I am struggling with the concepts of bars. I am a Tradestation convert
to Ami. In Tradestation when I applied a new indicator, or system, the
code would execute from Bar 0 to the latest bar (say 1500). Each bar
would be like a new bar until bar 1500 is reached. How does this work
in Ami.

When I apply an indicator in Ami, things get plotted, but I don't get
how the bar index is being used. I have put up DebugView and have
tried to _TRACE with print outs, but it doesn't start from bar 0 to
the latest bar....

I need to understand that concept.

I need to have a buy come on once in a bar. sometimes my conditions go
on or off in the bar and the arrow shows up and then disappears. I
can't have that if I have transmitted the order and it got filled. So,
if buy comes on, I want to leave it on until I get a new bar and then
it is a new ball game.

I know you can help me with the indicator, but please help me think
and figure out how this thing works.

Thanks a lot.

Mark

24 Hours. Commission-Free.