[amibroker] Re: Any opinions about IQFEED or DTN.IQ?

Hey Paul,

I rarely like to give a bad comment on  software or data suppliers because these are things that are generally out of the hands of the  people selling the product, but let me  tell you this:

I tried IQfeed (DTN) 3 times.   Not once did I keep the service because all the promises for better data, cleaner data, and most important (for me) proper continuous futures contracts never came to pass.  Moreover, DTN does not let you setup the intraday and daily feeds in one AB database.  If you do not mind switching back and forth between DB's then they may offer an alternative.  In my opinion, I think AB is probably the best TA program out there and it works most seemlessly (again in my everyday exhaustive use) with eSignal.

Best of luck .. just something to think about.

Alex
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "polomorabe" <paul.moore@xxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At the moment I use eSignal, but am thinking of switching over to one
> of these two, because of the higher simultaneous symbol limit. As I
> understand it, they both use the same data feed, but whereas IQFEED's
> data is unfiltered for bad ticks, DTN's is filtered, and they also
> provide client charting software
>
> Is the tick filtering important, since I normally use 1 minute as my
> shortest time span? Pricewise, there doesn't seem to much difference
> between them?
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Many thanks,
> Paul