Re: [amibroker] Interest charges for margin

Hi Terry,

That was not his question.  He wants to know how *negative* interest
(you pay to borrow your own cash when buying or selling on margin)
can be computed.

I've often thought it's a missing component in AB.  I often use a
margin account for a position that will be very short term: the
vastly reduced commission more than offsets any margin interest.

One way to accomplish what he wants is just to pad the commissions a
bit to compensate. But IMHO there ought to be a specific setting for
it.

Padding the commissions provides a very rough estimate of something
that could (and IMO, should) be accomplished to the penny (or yen).
Some people (not me) hold margin positions over quite varying lengths
of time.  There is not only the length of time to consider, but the
number of times you do it even short term -- although the latter is
easy to accomplish by padding commissions.

I've never understood why this is missing, when cash balance positive
interest is carefully calculated.  I don't know how it works in the
US, but at most brokerages in Japan, any margin trade automatically
removes the entire cash balance from an MRF (money reserve fund), for
use as margin collateral.  (At most firms here, you cannot run *any*
MRF balance if you are doing any margin business at the same time.
However, with our interest rates, it hardly matters right now.)

In any case, I find it odd that this is missing.  It's real, and is
part of what determines ROI.  We should not have to 'kludge' to 'get
near' it.

Yuki

T> Interest is computed whenever you are in cash. Go to Settings in AA.
T> General Tab has a place to set Annual Interest Rate.
T> --
T> Terry

24 Hours. Commission-Free.