Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Stylecloud

Tomasz,

Hi.  I tried the Edit --> Image-->Export to File option to both .gif and .png.  It worked, but I got an error when trying to open the .Gif and .Png file in a viewer.   I'm using the latest beta 4.75.2.

In any case, whether I export or screen copy, on one of the major advantages of using a tool like HyperSnap is that you can quickly copy a chart and the edit it.   Many times when posting a chart on this forum, I'm don't want the complete chart, just a portion.  Also, HyperSnap has some simple editing tools that allow you top add text, arrows, etc.   Quite useful to explain things on a chart.

Regarding printing...  When I printed a screen shot of the chart, it was extremely close to the print command copy.  Of course, my screen is 1600X1200 resolution, so that might account for the quality.

I'll try modifying AFL to overlay with a rectangle when I get home.  I'm a bit concerned about losing the grid, though.   I'll play with it.

In any case, on a scale of 1-100, the importance of having the styleCloud  and styleClipMinMax is in the 95+ range.  The importance of the small styleCloud/styleClipMinMax  issues we've discussed is in the 1-2 range (VERY low).   The issues are minor, they only occur under certain circumstances, and there are multiple workarounds.    I.e., lot's of upside; very little downside.

Regards,

Dan.

Regards,

Dan.

From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxxxx>
Hello,

I don't see purpose for such program(s) when you have Edit->Image->Export to File
already available in AmiBroker (saves chart to .PNG or .GIF). Also available from OLE automation.

As for printing - printing bitmaps is not really the solution because of the fact that printouts
to look good require much higher resolution than screen/bitmap. The solution for proper printing
is overlay with rectangle that has the same color as background. Such rectangle is easy to
draw with Plot function.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com