Re: [amibroker] Struggling again... advice requested

Hi Herman:

Those are both excellent ideas.  They may be what I need.  Perhaps I'm making too much of it, but I am indeed in a quagmire.  Let me try to be clearer.

I want to get in and out of trades as the day goes on (not simple reversals, but in and out of trades).  To set my exits I need to remember the initial buyprice of the entry.   In actual trading I can get this entry price from the TWS, but I can't do that during development.   I need also need to ignore later extraneous buy signals.

Ideally the code would look something like that below.  However, it is not possible, because you need to know the value of Sell in line 2 in order to determine whether you are at the real (first) buypoint rather than a later extraneous one.  However Sell cannot be defined until line 4 (after buyprice is determined)

A possibility is to set buyprice as static rather than array.  As I mentioned earlier, this is a solution, but not a very good one.

What am I missing?

Chuck

///1

Buy = buyconditions;

///2 We're in a buy now, until we get a sell signal

Bought = Flip(Buy, Sell,);

///3 Where did we enter?  Need to remember first buyprice and to ignore subsequent buy signals (e.g. signals where we are already in a buy)

Buyprice = Valuewhen (Buy and !Bought);

///4  Now we go flat

Sell = C > Buyprice + 2 or C < Buyprice - 2;