Re: [amibroker] SelectedValue vs BeginValue

Hi Ken,

The error is due to the test for DB name, sorry, I forgot about that - about 5 lines down, try changing the DB name from "Data-TC2005" to the name of your TC2K DB. I remember when I was writing it that my original intent was about the same as yours, but I discovered that I liked it better using only the range markers and leaving the vertical line free for other things. So in the code, setting the first range marker calculates from that point to the end, then if you set the second range marker, it moves up the end of range to the second marker. Or, here is some quick code that does that:

SetBarRequired( 100000, 100000 )

BarNumber = BarIndex();

if ( BeginValue( BarNumber) ) ) // if beginning range marker is set

{

StartBar = BeginValue( BarNumber );

EndBar = EndValue( BarNumber );

}

for ( i = Startbar + 1; i <= EndBar, i++ )

...calculate % change...

If you still want to use the vertical  line, try this:

BarNumber = BarIndex();

if ( SelectedValue( BarNumber ) != LastValue( BarNumber ) ) // a bar is selected

Steve