[amibroker] SelectedValue vs BeginValue

I would like to calculate %price change in the Title.

If there is neither a vertical pole or initial range marker, I would like
the return to be from the first data point to the current or last data point
(closing price of course).

If a vertical pole is planted (click once), then I want to calculate change
from the pole to the last value.

If two range markers are placed (F12 and then Shift-F12), then I would like
to calculate change from the dates (barindexes) between the range markers.

I am sure this is simple, but I am having trouble telling the formula
whether a vertical pole (SelectedValue) has been planted or whether a range
marker (BeginValue) has been planted.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Ken

--