Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Database Cleanup Script - need three testers

Hi Dan,

Don't think I can help much with this one - I have gone back to TC2K and Wordens are very good about keeping their DB current with regards to tickers.  BTW, Nirvana Systems( OmniTrader ) has just come out with their new OmniData/OmniScan combo in OT2006, which also uses Media General sectors/industries like TC2K - maybe TJ should seriously consider offering "AmiData"   8 - )     I'm sure he would be just as capable as anyone of buying wholesale data and repackaging for it for retail. It might be a nice steady monthly income, could be stored right in AB's native DB for optimal speed, would include fundamentals for those that like them, etc.

Also, your message reminded me that a while ago, you thought you might write a replacement for the DLL that scraped earnings release dates from the web. Just curious if you have followed through on that one yet? If you need any help, I would be happy to help test that one if and when the time comes !

Steve