RE: [amibroker] Re: Referencing to other indicator

I see the problem is the built-in MACD works on the price and you need it to work on your X value so you have to do your own MACD as follows:

X = RelStrength( "$NDX" );

fast = Param("Fast period",12,2,100,1);

slow = Param("Slow period",26,2,100,1);

period = Param("Signal period",9,2,100,1);

MACD_X = EMA(X, fast) - EMA(X, slow);

MACD_X_Signal = EMA(MACD_X, period);

MACD_X_Histogram = MACD_X - MACD_X_Signal;

Plot(MACD_X,"MACD of RSI",1);

Plot(MACD_X_Signal,"Signal Line",2);

Plot(MACD_X_Histogram,"MACD Histogram",3,styleHistogram|styleOwnScale);

http://www.linnsoft.com/tour/techind/macd.htm

http://www.stockcharts.com/education/IndicatorAnalysis/indic_MACD1.html

--

Terry