[amibroker] Can't Read Archives

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble setting up the mail archives.  I've
corresponded with technical support and they confirmed that the files
appear to have downloaded correctly, so I'm wondering if anyone else
has encountered problems and could provide any insight.  As
information I'm using Windows XP (Professional and Home) and Amibroker
4.70.5.

I launch the Amibroker.chm file and it brings up a split screen.  On
the left are 3 tabs: "Contents", "Search", and "Favorites".  The
screen to the right initially shows the error message that IE cannot
access the site.  Once I click on a topic in the "Contents" tab the
screen to the right goes blank and stays that way.

It appears that the contents are fine.  It lists hundreds of topics.
I allowed the screen to sit there for over an hour, however, and still
nothing to the right no matter what I do.  I even tried launching some
of the other data files directly with the Amibroker.chm file open, but
no change.  I get the same resuls with the Amibroker2003.chm file.

I have all ten files in the same folder and I've tried multiple
downloads to different machines with the same results.  I've tried
putting the files a folder under the Amibroker folder in the "Program
Files" folder and in a folder under the Amibroker folder where I
originally downloaded the Amibroker installation file, thinking that,
perhaps, file location might be an issue.  Again, no change.

I did notice that my files differ slightly from the file sizes on the
AmiB site which is why I checked with Technical Support.  As
mentioned, however, they confirmed that my downloads are OK, and the
downloads always match exactly with the sizes given by the download
manager.

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening, so any insight would be
much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

24 Hours. Commission-Free.