From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of conn_dennis
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:19 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] trying to run AB as user

Hello to all,

I have a small problem with running AB, and I'm wondering if anyone
else has found a way around it. I tried emailing Tomasz a couple
weeks ago, but no response yet, and I'm getting frustrated.

I run Windows 2000 Professional, and unless I'm installing a program
as an administrator, I run it as a normal user without installation
priveleges. I've been told that running Windows 24/7 as an
administrator increases the risk of someone being able to access info
and/or install unwanted things on my computer. But AB won't let me
run it as a user; only as the administrator who installed it. WHY???
Every other program I have can be run while I'm logged on as a user,
even though they were installed while I was logged on as
administrator.

I've tried right-clicking on the broker.exe file in the main
directory, and changing the security settings to grant full control
to my user identity, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

DC

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS