[amibroker] Re: MTMACD problem

First, I think TJ's Vancouver-presentation on his intraday
application of ATC is useful:
http://www.amibroker.com/docs/MTFIndicators.html

Below is only part of your code, I assume.

Somewhere you must have specified something like:

z=whatever you want to do to your MACD, e.g. MACD>0;

AddToComposite(z,"~MACD" + Name(),"X");

If you now run your scan on a group, WL, or whatever, it will be re-
created, UNLESS the current ticker is different than the one of
17/11, or the nr of bars of your active ticker is limited to that
date.

Also, try refresh all.

Difficult to assess what else could be wrong.

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi PS,
>
> No joy.  Here is the file I'm scanning:
>
> _SECTION_BEGIN("Multi Time");
> x = Foreign("~MACD"+Name(),"C");
>
> Plot( x, "MTMACD", colorBlue , styleThick ) ;
>
> PlotGrid(0.5 );
> PlotGrid(-0.5);
>
> Buy = 0;
> Sell = 0;
>
> _SECTION_END();
>
> This runs through its routine, but the plot does not change, and the
> ~ticker files still have a November 17 date.  (Settings: 1 minute,
> all symbols, all quotations)
>
> Yuki
>
> Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 9:32:49 PM, you wrote:
>
> v> Assuming you're using the ATC, yes you need to run this every
day to
> v> update the ~tickers. There are ways to automate this of course.
>
> v> Also, use Buy=Sell=etc=0 in the code, since you have to use Scan
> v> create/overwrite the tickers, after which the dates should have
> v> changed.
>
> v> Hope it helps.
>
> v> PS
> v> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx>
wrote:

> >> I set this up, and thought it was working correctly, but
apparently
> >> I'm missing something.
> >>
> >> The initial scan was fine; all the ~MACD(Ticker) files were
created,
> >> and the inserted chart plotted.  Looked just like the picture.
> >>
> >> But I'm having some problem (I think) getting this to update.  I
> v> have
> >> roughly 200 symbols in my eSignal database.  Apparently, none of
> v> them
> >> have changed their MTMACD levels since the day the initial scan
was
> >> run (the plotting continues each day, but the level on every
ticker
> >> remains the same). While I suppose this is possible, it seems
very
> >> unlikely to me.  Moreover, the day that I set this up was
November
> >> 17, and that is the file date on all the ~MACD(Ticker) files,
and no
> >> symbol's MTMACD value has changed since that day.  It seems
pretty
> >> clear that something is not updating correctly.
> >>
> >> Do I need to run a scan daily?  If so, how do I do that?  (Since
the
> >> first scan, all attempts to redo it are met with the "no buy or
sell
> >> arguments" error.)
> >>
> >> I also try to explore with a different file for crosses.  But my
> >> methodology is obviously wrong.  Crosses that clearly happened 9
> v> bars
> >> ago are not picked up with 'n last days = 9 [or] 10'.  But they
are
> >> picked up with n last days = 15.
> >>
> >> I need some advice on how to do this properly, I guess, or on
what
> >> can and cannot be done.
> >>
> >> Yuki
> >>

> v> Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
> v> To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
> v> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
> v> For other support material please check also:
> v> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>

> v> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> Best,
>
> Yuki