Re: [amibroker] using BuyPrice in real trading

You can define what price you want for BuyPrice and the other trade
price variables.
It will use these prices for your trades, unless the actual bar of the
entry/exit does not cover that price then it will use the closest bar
price (eg H or L ).
You can also turn this feature off and the actual price as calculated
is used, but this would not really give you real results for most
trading backtests.

As to whether your price would be possible in real trading it is hard
to determine. I generally always use the high or low price for
backtesting to provide the worst case scenario of prices (buyprice=H,
sellprice=L). If it makes profit with these then you can hope real
trading to provide better returns.

--
Cheers
Graham

On 11/28/05, eric paradis <thechemistrybetweenus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I backtested using the following code and my return
> went up significantly. Is it likely that I would get
> filled with this strategy? Does Amibroker provide an
> adequate testing for these types of orders?
>
> BuyPrice = Close - (.5 *(High-Low));
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

24 Hours. Commission-Free.