[amibroker] Re: looking for this ////\\\\/////\\\\\

Well said Herman.

kmmasoud, I would recommend you follow Hermans advice.

In addition make some decisions about how you want to trade, intraday
(daytrade), swing trade (3-15 days) or longer term investing. Pick a
basket of stocks, trading the whole market can be information
overload. Use a stock screener for fundamentals, or Amibroker for
technicals to set up your watch list.

Decide what your starting capital will be. Do some research on money
management as this will affect your performance greatly. Most agree
not to invest more than 15-20% of your capital in any one trade. Set
your risk tolerance (stop loss). For example, 30,000 in total capital
with 20% in one stock = 6,000. An 8% stop loss on 6,000 = 480. This
is actually 1.6% of your total trading capital so a bad trade won't
kill you. For a long trade, try to identify stocks that are close to
support so your stop is under a support level.

As far as coding AFL goes, Hermans point is well taken, look at the
charts, decide what YOU like in terms of indicators. The AFL library
on amibroker.com should provide you with some trading formulas to
start playing around with. If you need help with coding this board is
always willing to oblige, provided you have a starting formula you
want corrected and not a blank request for a total trading system.

If you need some startup help with coding you can try Powerscan
located at www.amitools.com. It will turn your english into AFL
automatically for basic indicators. It is also usefull for modifying
a system if you don't know how to add another specific condition.

Don't give up. I am a trader not a coder. It took me about 3 years to
finally develop my AFL trading system. The system is now
on "autopilot" and I follow the buys and sells with a minimum
additional work or research.

It can be done! Good luck, hope this helps.

Jim

One more thing from Herman: "Frankly i think it never ends". You will
tinker with your system forever!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:

> I agree with Nick that "it is out there" or better said "they are
out there"
> (I am not talking about aliens!)
>
> There are many ways to trade. Have a close look at the charts and
try to see
> simple price relationships. Then develop simple afl code to show
those
> relationships clearly on a chart, it will help you "see things"
more clearly
> and give you more ideas. Amibroker's powerful charting machine
allows you to
> highlight patterns on conditions in colors using a wide variety of
> chart-types and is a powerful reearch tool. Displaying your price
conditions
> or patterns on a chart is far more revealing than running a
backtest and
> look at the profit. Analyzing your profits is the very last stage
of the
> trading-sytem development project. Don't get carried away running
wild
> explorations and backtests hoping to get lucky, it rarely works
that way.

> Also... do a search on the Internet for "simple trading system"
you'll see
> many claims and many examples. Of course also go through the
Amibroker
> library for examples. Sorry, there is no quick road to riches;
everybody who
> made it had to work hard to get there, many of us have been "at it"
for
> years. Frankly i think it never ends, one idea follows another ...
>
> herman
On