[amibroker] Re: Followed instructions, but no "Composite Equity Curve"

Strike the part about "seems to be equity for my entire list."  The
results are different with different watchlists, but far removed from
what it looks like with a system test.

S.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sebastiandanconia"
<sebastiandanconia@xxxx> wrote:

> In attempting to get a Composite Equity Curve for a watchlist, I
> followed these instructions from "Help" in AB 4.7rc2:
>

> "How do you plot a composite Equity Curve ? I don't want the whole
> database, but would like to see the curve based on the watchlist I
> use for the backtesting.
>
> You can do this using the Equity and another powerful function
called
> AddToComposite(). First modify your trading system by adding
> AddToComposite function as shown below:
>
> /* your original system here */
>
> Buy=Your Buy rule
> Sell=Your Sell rule
>
> Short=Your Short sell rule
> Cover=Your Cover short rule
>
> /* add the following line */
>
> AddToComposite( Equity(), "~CompositeEquity", "X" );
>

> Now run Scan (yes Scan, not back test) over the watch list of your
> choice (use Filter button in the Automatic Analysis to choose
> filtering criteria)
>
> Now you will see ~CompositeEquity ticker created in your symbol
list.
> You can just select it and the price chart you will see represents
> composite equity line for all symbols included in the scan."
>
> But I'm clearly not getting the Composite Equity for the watchlist
> selected, it looks more like the equity for my entire list of
stocks
> from within the time-frame I'm testing in Automatic Analysis.
>
> What's my next step in trouble-shooting, when I'm following the
> directions (as far as I can tell) but don't get the expected
result?
> TIA for any assistance.
>

> Luck to all,
>
> Sebastian