[amibroker] Yahoo ticker downloader with source code

This is in response to those who were interested in the app I wrote to download tickers with company names from Yahoo Finance.  It loads over 7000 tickers in just a few minutes over a broadband connection.

The file can be found in YahooTickerDownload.Zip in the Files section.

Written in VB.NET, it essentially scrapes the Yahoo web site, loading each html page and parsing it looking for ticker data.  It also grabs the industry and sector info.  It can also be used as an example of how to take advantage of the robust AB Object Model.  I would start with a blank database, and have AB running with the blank db set to be the default.  Then just launch the app and click Get Tickers.  Once the tickers have been loaded you can simply run AmiQuote and the data will be fetched.  You'll probably want to run that overnight.  It takes a long time to get data for 7000 symbols.

It does not maintain the list by adding, changing or deleting.  I just used it to populate a new database to get started.

I'm submitting this into the wild, so the usual freeware disclaimers apply.   I don't have plans to update it beyond this point.

Enjoy,
Brian

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS