RE: [amibroker] Re: newbie question(s)

Colin,

You can also use SetForeign():

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?id=247

SetForeign can be very useful when you want massage data more extensively with one symbol and then move to a different symbol.   For example:

SetForeign (Symbol1);

IntermediateResult1 = <some calc>;

IntermediateResult2 = <some calc>;

IntermediateResult3 = <some calc>;

IntermediateResult4 = <some calc>;

IntermediateResult5 = <some calc>;

Final Result = IntermediateResult1 + IntermediateResult1 + …

Plot(FinalResult);

SetForeign (Symbol2);

I use Foreign and SetForeign a lot, and PlotForeign very little.  Part is driven by what I’m coding and part driven by personal style.

Regards,

Dan.