Re: [amibroker] Adding industries to sectors, how?

Berry, I am at work now and reading email from my desk, so if my response is out of place just over look it.

If you change your sector and ready to change your industry let me say this and that is it’s very important that you start your count from zero. Meaning “Basic Materials is 0, so all basic Materials industry are assign 0.

0, chemical manufacturing

0, paper & paper products

Now “capital goods “

Capital goods

1, gold & silver

1, iron & steel

Barry Scarborough <razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I manually changed the sector names and now I want to assign the
industries to the correct sectors. How do you do that? The industry.js
script requires a symbol, full name and industry number.

But there seems to be a step required before that. How do you run a
script that associates an industry to a sector? Once that is done then
industry.js can be run to assign stocks to the correct industry and
sector (by default).

Thanks,
Barry

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS