Re: [amibroker] Re: Changing Sectors an industries via script, how?

Barry,

I used the directions in the following link
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html to map stocks to my
custom sectors. I created the sectors first in AB which I can't remember
if I changed the broker.sectors file or if I did it manually.

Duke Jones, CMT

Barry Scarborough wrote:
> I have another database that I use and I want to be able to search
> the same sectors, industries and stocks and get the same results as
> that DB by setting up filters in AB analysis. I can't change that
> dbbut I can change the AB db to match the other. I have an excel
> file with the sectors, industry by sector and stocks by sector and
> industry. I just need to replace the industry and sector categories
> AB uses with the other one. I read somewhere this AM about files
> that contain the sector and industry but as things go I can't find
> that in the help text again. Then I found and copied a a script that
> I can use to import the stock name, industry, sector and index with
> some modification. But I can't find a method in the common object
> model that allows me to update the sector and industry data.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dan_public@xxxx wrote:
>
>> Barry,
>>
>> I believe it can.  However, the answer could depend on exactly
>>
> what you are trying to do.  Could you be a bit more specific?
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dan.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.