RE: [amibroker] Re: Float

One needs to remember that QP provides the current float,
which of course is all that one needs for using a strategy.

However, it would be risky to use current float when back
testing because the float in the past could be
significantly different.

Another wrinkle in back testing comes up if one wants to
compare the trading volume with the float because many data
providers adjust the "volume" for stock splits. So a stock
that has had two 2 for 1 splits will have its early volume
adjusted upward by a factor of 4 times.

Take care.

http://mail.yahoo.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.