From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kevin O'Mahony
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 04:35
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] avoiding multiple entries

Hi,
Maybe someone has had a similar problem to this.
I'm trying to write a system that defines a buy setup signal,
holds the setup valid for 4 bars and buys on a separate trigger
condition. I'm using profit target/max stop loss to exit i.e:

BuySetup = ....
BuySetup = Hold(BuySetup,4);
Trigger = ....
Buy = BuySetup and Trigger;
Sell = 0;

ApplyStops(stopTypeLoss,....);
ApplyStops(styopTypeProfit,....);

So i will get my buy setup and trigger, enter long and exit ok but then
if i'm within the setup holding period of 4 bars i will get another buy
signal
which i don't want. Any help much appreciated.

regards,
Kevin

24 Hours. Commission-Free.