[amibroker] Re: Unbelievably Simple Question

Ahhh-thats got it!  Thanks, Anthony and Dan Clark.
These darn things are always so obvious in retrospect.

chuck

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:

> try this:
>
> Settings:
> all stocks
> n last quotations
> n=5
> explore
> Buy=Cross(Close,MA(Close,50));
>
> Sell=0;
>
> Filter=Buy > 0;
>
> AddColumn(ValueWhen(Buy,Close),"buy_close");//gives close on "buy"
date

> AddColumn(LastValue(Close),"close");//last close

Filter=Buy
>   (I'm just interested in stocks meeting the buy criteria, thus no
>   filter=1 which picks up everything)
>   and then see the close price today for stocks that might have
been
>   selected 5 days ago.
>
>   As an example, if I use Anthony's code below (with filter=buy)
the
>   first selection it picks up is A (Agilent) which triggered a buy
on
>   10-31-05  Both of the close columns below give a close of 32.01
>   which was correct for 10-31-05 but I'm really looking for the
close
>   on 11-4-05 (which was 32.8).  So, how do I use the filter=buy
>   statement and get the latest EOD close??? I'm using AB 4.7 with
QP2
>   EOD data, if it makes any difference.
>
>   Thanks again for any help-sorry to be bugging everyone for what
is
>   probably a super trivial question/solution.
>
>   chuck
>

>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso"
<ajf1111@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   >
>   > Buy=Cross(Close,MA(Close,50));
>   >
>   > Sell=0;
>   >
>   > Filter=1;
>   >
>   > AddColumn(ValueWhen(Buy,Close),"close");//gives close on "buy"
date
>   >
>   > AddColumn(Close,"close");//close
>   >
How
>   do I
>   >   get the following Explore code to give me TODAYS close????
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Buy=Cross(Close,MA(Close,50));
>   >
>   >   Sell=0;
>   >
>   >   Filter=Buy;
>   >
>   >   AddColumn(Close,"close");//gives close on "buy" date
>   >
>   >   AddColumn(Ref(Close,0),"close");//still doesn't work
>   >
>   >
>   >   Go easy on me gang-even I can't believe I can't figure
>   >   this out.
>   >
>   >   Thanks in advance,
>   >   Chuck
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>   >
>   >   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>   >   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>   >
>   >   For other support material please check also:
>   >   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > ---------------------------------------------------------------
----
Terms
>   of Service.
>   >
>   >
>   > ---------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   -----------
>   >

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

property software  Software support
>         Real estate investment analysis software  Investment
software  Investment analysis software

of Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.