[amibroker] Re: Alias NAme

You can retrieve alias as OLE-object:

+ OLE properties can be retrieved (DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET) directly
from AFL now using parameterless function syntax. This allows reading
values exposed by OLE automation directly from AFL code. Example:

AB = CreateObject("Broker.Application");
Stocks = AB.Stocks(); // get collection
Stock = Stocks.Item( Name() ); // currently selected

"FullName : " + Stock.FullName();
"Alias : " + Stock.Alias();
"Address : " + Stock.Address();
"Shares: " + Stock.Issue();
"Book value: " + Stock.BookValue();
"Market : " + Stock.MarketID();
"WebID : " + Stock.WebID();

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "iascool" <sai20_2000@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Barry.
> I get all my futures symbol named in numbers, eg mSFT as 234876
etc,
> and have the actual symbol name in Alias name.Every time I run
> exploration I get those numbers in the ticker field instead of the
> symbols.So i had a querry can any way the alias name can be plotted
> in the ticker field of exploration results?.
> Thanks n Regards
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough"
> <razzbarry@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > If it is a ticker symbol then I don't see why not. If you mean
> > something like this then yes you can. ~NYSE is a composite that I
> > built and if I do an explore on that symbol it shows up.
> >
> > Ticker	Date/Time	Buy	Sell	Next open
> > ~NYSE	9/1/2005	1	0	1447.00
> > ~NYSE	9/21/2005	0	1	1449.00
> >
> > Barry
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "iascool" <sai20_2000@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is it possible to have "alias name " in the ticker field of
the
> > > exploration results menu? PLs comment
> > >
> > > Regards

24 Hours. Commission-Free.