[amibroker] more on AlertIf . . .

Previously I wrote:

> 1) If I set up an audio alert (my preference), can I get the alert to
> repeat playing the audio file until I acknowledge it?  (I'd sure like
> that, because otherwise I might possibly miss it.)

This seems not possible.  Worse, the audio file plays every time the
price crosses and recrosses the trigger price.  Today, I was using
the simple file:

Buy = Cross(C, 1458) AND Name()=="1306-TSE" OR Cross(C, 1170) AND Name()=="8604-TSE"
        OR Cross(C, 6670) AND Name()=="9984-TSE"
        OR Cross(C, 4230) AND Name()=="6460-TSE" OR Cross(C, 269) AND Name()=="8611-TSE"
        OR Cross(C, 881) AND Name()=="5016-TSE" OR Cross(C, 1593) AND Name()=="6753-TSE";

AlertIf( Buy, "SOUND C:\\Windows\\Media\\Space SysStart.wav", "Audio alert", 1);

Filter = Buy;

AddColumn(C, "Target", format = 1.0);

What happened?  I got repeated audio alerts (and alert window output)
as 1306 repeatedly crossed, crossed back, and recrossed the signal
price.  Same with 6753.  I must have heard that Wav file about 20
times.  Even worse however, is that 8604 never made a peep, although
the high for the day was 1773, clearly above the 1170 trigger point.

I would much prefer a single alert that continues until I acknowledge
it, then does not bother me again.  Perhaps I should use individual
lines (statements) for individual symbols.  I do not know.

So I don't know how this works, or even if it works in a way that is
at all useful to me.  (Would that we have stop limit orders in Tokyo,
or even stop orders, but we do not, except for some special
situations on the open or close.)  The "Help" file needs help, for
this function.

> 2) Wav files on my system are associated with RealPlayer.  Must that
> be open, or must I also add a command to open it?  The command to
> open any wav file however, will launch RP and play that file.

I still do not know the answer to this.  I had RealPlayer open all
day, and that worked -- at least it worked in the inferior way I
described above.

> 3) How do I set up the scan so that I can do other things in the AA
> window and still have the alerts active?  (I assume I must have the
> AlertIf file loaded in AA, and AA open on the screen -- at least the
> former.)

I still have no idea here, either.  An alert function, for me, must
be active at all times.  I don't know how to do that, apparently.  I
would like to scan for volume, for example, without interfering with
the AlertIf function.  Can this be done?

> 4) Is one minute the smallest increment of time for 'scan every'? I'm
> scanning a watchlist that is not very large, and the lookback is only
> one day, so I'd prefer a faster scan rate.

Again, I don't know the answer.  One minute can be an eternity in a
fast moving market.  For me, it's simply not often enough to be very
useful.  I would have to set the trigger well below the signal price,
and then be glued to the screen.  There is no difference then,
between having this function and not having it, for me.

Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.