[amibroker] Re: Customer Service please

Thanks for your advice RE. AmiBroker beta versions.

In general I am a very happy part-time AB user for many years but
don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to play around
with "expect bugs!"-beta versions. Nor is there need to be first in
line for the newest developments. Since my specific problem has been
temporarily solved I guess I'll wait for the next official version.

Re. your line:

"
... Tomasz's betas are better than a lot of next-version full
releases I've had the displeasure of using first...
"

may I assume you mean full releases of software other than AmiBroker?
If not I may change my mind about the betas ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "scourt2000" <stevehite@xxxx> wrote:

> That being said (and a little off-topic from your reply), Tomasz's
> betas are better than a lot of next-version full releases I've had
the
> displeasure of using first (the "stay away from release x.0
> phenomenon).  One thing you can always say about Tomasz is that he
has
> the fastest beta fix turnaround time you'll ever see and, as an
added
> bonus, his fixes to beta problems rarely break other things that
used
> to work.   He's one of the most conscientious one-man developer
shows
> at this level of quality for such a complex piece of software as
> Amibroker.
>
> I cannot name another charting / technical analysis program that
can
> possibly keep up with Tomasz's rate of quality additions and
changes.
> This is the advantage of having one programmer who has the talent
and
> level of commitment to his users that Tomasz does.  I'll bet there
are
> hundreds of traders on this Yahoo List who are constantly saying to
> themselves, "wow, I didn't know Amibroker could do this or that",
and
> they've been using the software for 2+ years.  It's amazing that
one
> person could develop something like this with so much depth and
> utility.
>
> As an added bonus, there are extremely knowledgeable Amibroker "old-
> timers" here who are so kind and patient to answer a lot of the
same
> questions each year to the newbies and go the extra mile to show
great
> coding examples from questions or things that are of current
interest
> in their stock/futures research.
>
> Using Amibroker on a regular basis and reading from the level of
> talent and creativity on this list is a continual humbling
experience
> for me.
>
> Steve
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "treliff" <treliff@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I am using official version 4.70.5 and there "rename/move" does
not
> > work.
> >
> > I prefer not to use beta and will just wait for the next official
> > release; simply limit rename/move operations :-)
> >
> > Do hope you will be able to correct this in the next official.
> >
> > Bon Voyage.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.