[amibroker] Re: IQFeed backfilling

Hello,

in the meantime DTN has officially released new versions of the
IQFeed API.  The current live release is IQFeed 4.0.0.2.  It is now
an official release and no longer in beta testing stage.

Apparently the backfill problem got finally fixed with the new API
version.

Can we Amibroker IQFeed users expect an updated version of the
Amibroker IQFeed plugin, Thomasz?

> Hello,
>
> IQFeed recently released a new version of API (beta) that
> is supposed to fix many issues present in previous versions.
>
> We will see when I build a new version of the plugin using new API.
>
> As for
> > Maybe Thomasz can explain why his IQFeed plugin triggers no
timeout
> > and doesn't attempt a retry.
>
> well, you probably don't know it, but IQFeed's own Connection
manager tends to
> lockup inside so, once one request blocks the other one made after
timeout
> often hangs as well and retries do not help. The only thing that
help in such case
> is restarting Windows.  And I have seen exactly the same problem
when running
> IQFeed with QuoteTracker. It may occur less often because
QuoteTracker backfill
> length is very limited - maximum 10 days (less data is requested
and request is less likely to fail)
> compared to 120 days in AmiBroker.
>
> As I wrote above IQFeed confirmed many issues and worked on fixing
them.
> New IQFeed API promises some improvements - we will see.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Quotetracker
> > appears to run much more smoothly with IQFeed!
> >
> > Maybe Thomasz can explain why his IQFeed plugin triggers no
timeout
> > and doesn't attempt a retry.
> >
> > The problem is SERIOUS and makes Amibroker often almost useless
in
> > connection with IQFeed.    Nevertheless, the reason I keep an
> > DTN/IQFeed subscription is that IQFeed has a much higher symbol
limit
> > than eSignal.
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dicric_71" <richard@xxxx>
wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have 2 main problems using IQFeed with AmiBroker. I run
auomatic
> >> script (Scan)with Buy=Sell=0; using Wait for RT backfill On and
this
> >> produce these 2 problems:
> >>
> >> 1) procedure of scanning/backfilling is stopping several times.
It
> >> means it backfill several symbols and then stops. No timeout
> > nothing,
> >> just stops. Very often on index symbols (like DJUSAS.X DJUSRA.X
and
> > so
> >> on), but when running on stocks only it stops several times too.
> >>
> >> 2) I have huge problem to backfill Dow JOnes Index symbols. When
> >> clear all quote files (delete them from directory), then
manually do
> >> Force backfill for every symbol in my list, It backfills . But
when
> >> then I restart AB and click to every DJ index symbol, quotes are
> >> screwed , deleted and only few last days is shown.
> >>
> >> I use these database settings: DTN IQFeed data plug-in, 15
Minute
> > base
> >> interval, Enable local
> >>
> >> Does anybody else having problems with backfilling/collecting
> > intraday
> >> data from IQFeed ? Or similar issues with IQfeed ? What to do ?
> >> And what does think AB support team ?
> >>
> >> Thank you for replying,
> >> Richard

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com