[amibroker] Re: How to plot volume in price pane using 1/3 of pane?

Dan:

Could you possibly supply an example of some code using the minvalue
and maxvalue?  This might help me accomplish something.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Clark" <dan_public@xxxx> wrote:

> Tomasz,
>

> PLEASE, add this to the documentation.   This is the one of the most
> important charting features!
>

> Yes, I said MOST important.   Conservation of screen real estate is a
> critical.  I have multiple overlay items.   The ability to control
how much
> chart space that is taken up is CRITICAL.
>

> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, add this to the documentation including a
> description of this plot function parameter.  Also, if this feature
is used
> in other functions, please add it there also.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>

> Dan.
>
>   _____

On Behalf
> Of Tomasz Janeczko
> Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 4:40 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] How to plot volume in price pane using 1/3
of pane?

> Hello,
>
> You are right this feature is not documented in the guide.
>
> It is however used in Price (all-in-one).afl example formula
> that ships with AmiBroker.
>
> This feature was added just to make default volume overlay looking nicer
> and I did not think that anyone would need it for something else.
>
> Your description (below) is correct.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
>
> > Tomasz, where is this documented?  I have searched the help and the
> > release notes for 4.70.5 and can find no mention of this (useful)
> > feature of styleOwnScale.  I'm happy to be proved incompetent at
> > searching, if you can supply a pointer to it in any of the amibroker
> > docs.
> >
> > Is the following an accurate description of the various uses of
minvalue
> > and maxvalue in a styleOwnScale Plot()?  Or is there other magic I
> > don't know about?
> >
> > * If arguments five (minvalue) and six (maxvalue) are not
supplied, the
> > plot will be autoscaled to the data (independently of any other
plot in
> > the pane) and will occupy the full height of the pane.
> >
> > * If argument five (minvalue), but not six (maxvalue) is supplied,
the
> > plot will be autoscaled to the data (independently of any other
plot in
> > the pane) and will occupy 1/n of the height of the pane.  (where n is
> > the suppled argument.)
> >
> > * If both arguments five (minvalue) and six (maxvalue) are
supplied, the
> > plot will occupy the full height of the pane and they will define the
> > plot min and max values.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nigel

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

> Investment

tment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+p

roperty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+soft
> ware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_XXUzbE9l5lGlZNcMu4KNQ>
> management software
>
> Real

stment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+

property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+sof
> tware&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=5_sgDczz3ArKGMtJ9tFSJA>
 estate
> investment software
>
> Investment

ent+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+pro

perty+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+softwa
> re&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=_N6zcwefgp4eg5n6oX5WZw>
property
> software
>

> Software

nt+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+softwa

re&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Invest
> ment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=MJ2jP31F3n64RDZkDadU8w>  support
>
> Real

e&w1=Investment+management+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=In

vestment+property+software&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+ana

lysis+software&w6=Investment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=GmF8PlAJASx0wrSaX5-Zlw>
> estate investment analysis software
>
> Investment

ement+software&w2=Real+estate+investment+software&w3=Investment+property+sof

tware&w4=Software+support&w5=Real+estate+investment+analysis+software&w6=Inv
> estment+software&c=6&s=200&.sig=aMgGsKT4w29dMAYUzQUKzg>  software
>

>   _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group "amibroker
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker> " on the web.
>
> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>
> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.
>

>   _____

Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/njNroD/KbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM