RE: [amibroker] Extracting MG Industry Group Closing Price

Graham,

I don’t use TC2000 anymore, but I recall that the industries and sectors, and their mapping to a stock can be retrieved when creating the database.  I.e., retrieving them sets the symbol to industry/sector mapping automatically.  You don’t have to set the symbols.

I just tested this by creating a new TC2000 DB in AB and then pointed it at the TC2005 plugin (my old TC installation is still there).  Then I retrieved the symbols, and the Sector/Industry mappings.  It worked fine, and the code below retrieved the Industry symbol correct.

Are you referring to something different?

Regards,

Dan.