Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 7:58 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Database settings disappearing for Metastock databases

Has anybody else experienced the following problem?  If I use Amibroker with Metastock databases, it "forgets" that the database uses the Metastock plugin whenever I open a second database in Metastock format.

I have Amibroker v4.70.5 (and also seems to occur with v4.73.0 beta too).

I create a database, let's call it ASXdata
Data source: Metastock plugin
Local data storage: Disable
Number of bars to load: 29000
Base time Interval: End-of-Day
I have several Metastock folders in this database.
C:\Trading Data\Stocks\ASX\Equities\A
C:\Trading Data\Stocks\ASX\Equities\B
C:\Trading Data\Stocks\ASX\Equities\Z

I then go to create another database based upon a folder on my computer that just stores constituents of an index.

I create a database, let's call it ASX200
Data source: Metastock plugin
Local data storage: Disable
Number of bars to load: 29000
Base time Interval: End-of-Day
I have one Metastock folders in this database (C:\Trading Data\Stocks\ASX\Custom Folders\S&P ASX 200)

If I click File -> Open Database and go to ASXdata, then I see all of the symbols there quite happily.

If I then click File -> Open Database and go to ASX200, there are zero symbols listed under "All".  If I then click File -> Database Settings it shows Data Source as "Default" and "Local Data Storage" as default too.  These should be "Metastock" and Disabled.  If I change it back to Metastock and Disabled, then click Configure then retrieve symbols then I get all of the symbols back.  But, the next time I swap databases it doesn't remember them for ASX200.

The weird thing is that it does remember it for ASXdata.  I can see no difference between the two settings at all, so this one is puzzling me.

Can anyone think of what might be going wrong here?

Best regards,
Richard Dale.
Norgate Investor Services
- Premium quality Stock, Futures and Foreign Exchange Data for
  markets in Australia, Asia, Canada, Europe, UK & USA -

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS