From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Graham
Sent: Friday, 7 October 2005 4:02 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] IB API can do everything?

Amibroker is a charting package. AB can do backtesting with any data,
al you need is the historical data to backtest on.
Yes it can real time scan, although trying to scan 10,000 stocks
during the day seems excessive to me. The scan does take time and the
more stocks and more complex te code the longer it takes, especially
when you also have to wait for the data to backfill for each stock.
There are details in the help files on using the IB connection, there
is also a yaoo group devoted to automated trading with Amibroker, so
maybe you can ask detailed questions there on using IB with AB. The
group is amibroker-at in the yahoo groups (same url as this group, but
with -at added to the name

I would however be interested to know which charting program you can
buy that is be fully programmable for trading systems like AB, and not
have to subscribe to a data supply (ie pay nothing more for data)

--
Cheers
Graham

On 10/7/05, fox97us <williamwang97@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently, i am testing the Amibroker system. However, basically
> amibroker is just an analysis software. It does not provide market data
> nor trading permission. It will make things complicated and costy if i need
> to subscribe a data provider(ie esignal) and a broker (ie IB) in addtion to
> amibroker.
>
> Anyone knows if I can use the IB API to develope a system that use MY
> OWN CODES to
> 1) do backtest,
> 2) real time scan (better if it can scan the whole market, which
> is ~ 10,000 stocks),
> 3) do autotrading when certain conditions are met?
>
> Plese give some detail info.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>

> Thanks

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS