Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 9:28 AM
Subject: [amibroker] AA vs. IB discrepancy

As mentioned in a previous thread, I am getting a discrepancy between AA and IB for daily mutual fund data, although weekly is OK.  The data is OK with C in all fields.  Originally, I thought I solved the problem by assigning C to O, H, L but upon further checking this is not correct.  No matter what I try the daily AA is different from the daily IB.  The attached gifs show the AA and IB results for the Price Oscillator.

The formula used for Osc is Osc = 100 * OscP(3, 10) and the AA filter is Filter = Status("LastBarInRange").

Would appreciate it if someone would duplicate what I am getting and, hopefully, find the cause for this discrepancy.  OscP() is a price oscillator calculated by taking the difference between two moving averages.  So why one timeframe works and one does not is beyond me.

Bill

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS