From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of dieterdotbraun
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 13:02
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Logig help needed

Hi Terry,
thanks for help.
If its possible that the Paramtrigger give a Nummber?
This could be the reason why i get no error on the first two lines.
If i use If function i can work an array directly but
i can not fill a variabele with a string.(act="Buy")
I alredy have try this.

Its any way to mix rules for Arry and Number?.

          Nummber    Array

> else if(AT1==1 AND A_Buy==1){Act="BUY" ;ORder_send=1;}

Is my understanding for this Correct?.

May be i have not understand very well the Loop function.
I also always worry about some functions are not discribe in reference
Libary. (function() /return)
If any spezial Lokation i can find Infos are not documented in
refference Libary?.

Thanks a lot for help.

regards ,Dieter

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Terry" <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> The error is due to using an ARRAY variable inside an if() statement.
> These only operate on numeric or string variables (NON-Array). Why you
> don't get an error until the 3rd statement doesn't make sense EXCEPT
> that I have noticed the compiler does not always mark the correct
line,
> especially when subscripts [] are used (or should be used).
>
> You must either put your code in a loop and access each bar with array
> subscript or change your code to IIf(), which will be a little more
> complex since you have 2 items to set for each test.

> --
> Terry

24 Hours. Commission-Free.