Re: [amibroker] Alertif()

Hello Graham,

Unfortunately i have also noted that there are some bad things if multiple alerts are used.
I have contacted the amibroker support last week. Below is the reply from Marcin.
Basically it means that NOT every alertif is separate !!!
I have suggested them that they make it separate. This would make it much easier and more comfortable.
My idea was to get only one alert per bar and get this alert per email and per sound.
So i have firstly used only accoustic and than only email alert and both worked well. But when i used both there are troubles.

See the description from Marcin.

Marcin wrote:

Hello,

Indeed - that's possible because it works the following way:

Once Alert (1) is triggered, any further alert of a type (1) - 'buy' can be repeated, because
4+8 flags prevent it.
However - then - with the new refresh, the other alertIf() function detects, that the most recently triggered alert was type (1),
so any other type of alert is allowed - so alert (2) gets initiated, and - once formula is rereshed once again,
that happens once again, now for alert (1) type.

So - you should write your trigger conditions that way, that does not allow several alerts of a different type on the same bar,
because it will lead to such situation.

On the other hand - if you have two alerts of (1) type defined in the formula, once the first one is triggered,
the other one cannot, because by using 4+8 flags you do not allow 2 alerts of the same type.

Best regards

Marcin Gorzynski
Amibroker.com Technical Support

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tradingbasis - Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>