Re: [amibroker] AB over network???

Here is an extract from the QP helpfile FAQ section which talks about
updating two computers with a single download. I've also added a few
suggestions below.

"How can I update two computers without having to download twice? (How do i transfer
files from one computer to the next?)
Go into Windows explorer and find the Quotes Plus folder, and click on the file QP_NET.EXE.
Right click on the file and then click on create a shortcut (a new shortcut icon will be
created in the directory). Drag the new shortcut icon to the desktop. Right click on the
shortcut, then click on properties and click on the shortcut tab. In the target field,
leave the current entry,
but add the parameter /NP to the end (NP must be in uppercase and there needs to be a
space before /) ex. C:\quotpls2\QP_NET.exe /NP. Click OK. This will download the file(s)
to the qp2data/incoming directory. Copy the file(s) to a diskette, then copy the file(s)
to the incoming folder in the other computer and then go to the Quotes Plus program menu
and click on update database on both computers."

A few additions and changes to the above procedure might be as follows.
You would need to install QP on second computer then copy over all the
data up to the present day.

If the two computers are networked you obviously wouldn't need to copy
the files to any diskette, you could
simply set up a batch file to copy them to the second computer. There is a
file named 'qp_proc.exe' in the QuotesPlus directory, I think that
will run the update by itelf without downloading any data, so you
could run that in a batch file on the main computer and then
run that file on the secondary computer after the the data has been
transfered. This approach has the benefit of not having to transfer
the whole database over each night, you only have to transfer the
nightly changes.

Good luck..

Regards,
William Peters
http://www.amitools.com

AK> I would like to access QP database from secondary  computer.
AK>
AK> I can access the data base ... got the symbols,  layouts etc,
AK> but can not get the data ... so no charts.
AK>
AK> Are we supposed to be able to do this?
AK>
AK> Thanks
AK>
AK> Ara

Help tsunami villages rebuild at GlobalGiving. The real work starts now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/njNroD/KbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM