[amibroker] Re: Questions about using GetBaseIndex()

Thanks Steve,

Yes, I meant the MGxxx industry indices. Your solution is just what I
needed. Do you know if this assignment is stored in a file somewhere?
I have to do this setup on two PCs, and it would be handy to be able
to copy the assignments to the other PC.

Best regards,
Paul

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If by industry group you mean the MGxxx industry index, this
requires
> one-time setup:
>
> Go to Symbols > Categories > Industries, and under "Base Index for
Relative
> Strength", type in the MGxxx number for each industry in the list (
or pull
> it off the drop-down list ).
>
> Once this is done, you can:
> 1. Get the industry index via    GetBaseIndex()
> 2. Get the sector index via      StrLeft( GetBaseIndex(), 4) + "0"
>
> Each ticker can only have one base indaex - AB's order of
precedence is
> Group > Industry > Market, so if you want to use Industry, make
sure Base
> Index on the Categories > Groups tab is blank.
>
> Steve

TC2005.
> > I've looked at Symbol->Categories. I can specify the base index
on the
> > Markets tab, but I have to specify a specific index. There
appears to
> > be no option to specify the generic Industry Group as the base
> > so that GetBaseIndex() always returns the correct group for a
selected
> > stock.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks,