[amibroker] Re: new member of AB

Hi, all, I finally saw the light and am switching from metastock and
supercharts to AB.  I can't imagine what took me so long.  I've been
fiddling with AB now for a week and it's awesome and I haven't even begun to
feel out the depths of hte software, particularly the developers kit and
automation.

I've been pretty much able to get most of my indicators working, just
through reading the User's Guide and looking at examples in the Support area
I do have a few questions and would be apreciate any help or guidance where
to look.

My set up is as follows. I've got AB Pro.  I subscribe to qcharts and
quotes-plus.
I intend to trade the emini, possibly eventually through automation.

What I'm wondering what solutions choices have been made by people with
similar setup.

1.For instance, do you use two instances of AB, one for QCharts, intraday
and One for QuotesPlus for EndOfDay, or is it better to create two separate
databases and then switch form one to the other?

2.  I assume it's best to enable local data for Qcharts but not for Q+ as AB
can read Q+ directly.

3.  In terms of performance how many bars should one load using 1 minute.
The example has 30000 but I find this doesn't give enough bars when you
switch to daily charts. I also switched to 1 second on the refresh, but is
that overkill? I assume faster the better. I know different traders have
different needs but is there any harm by going to  1 second.  And also while
I'm on speed, is there a way to check server delay and switch or lock
servers the way you can with QCharts?

4. I noticed there is no time and sales. Is that a feature not available to
QCharts plug in?

5.  Is there an easy way to populate the database with a complete set of
symbols sector and industry categories for either QCharts or Q+ by loading a
file?

6. I'm unable to load expired emini contracts to chart.  I assume that's
because qcharts just sends blank data unless you ask for enough bars back.
Is there a workaround or do you have to load a huge of bars to get the 1
minute data, say on a 2000 expiry?

7. Finally I'm curious if anyof you who came to AB from situation whether
you kept same data providers or switched. For instance do you really need
quotes plus? I do use it for some of the fundamental data and I see that it
has better end of day info than QCharts but maybe Yahoo is just as good.

I realise that I have asked quite a few questions many of which I will
probably be able to answer through a dilligent search of the archives but
will be thankful ifanyone wants to tackle any individual question  briefly.

At any rate I look forward to being in this community of traders and
hopefully can make my contribution as well.  I can't imagine why anyone is
using Metastock or Tradestation. AB is a wonderfully versatile piece of
software.

Thanks,

James

24 Hours. Commission-Free.