[amibroker] Re: Scan & Exploration Question

I looked over my script, and I don't reference tomorrow's prices,
but I have a number of loops until "barcount". Does that refer to
tomorrow?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TaMeR <yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> jacklweinberg wrote:
> > A question for those using scan & exploration.
> >
> > When I run a scan or exploration on a database which includes
last
> > Friday's data (Sept 23, 2005), I don't get any buy/sell signals
for
> > Sept 23, 2005.
> >
> > However, when I run exactly the same system (with the same AA
> > settings), on the same database, after I add Monday's data (Sept
26,
> > 2005), I do get a buy/sell signal for Sept 23, 2005.
> >
> > My system has: SetTradeDelays( 1, 1, 1, 1 ); So I expect that a
signal
> > on Friday is for the open on Monday. I also use a setting of n=2
days
> > (in terms of the Range criteria on the AA screen).
> >
> > Does this happen to anyone else? Am I fundamentally missing some
> > understanding of scan/exploration?
> >

> Could it be that you don't have enough data for your script on
Friday?
> Meaning if you only have data from Sept. 23 and your script is
looking
> for previous day data then you will not get a signal.
>
> Think of it it is more likely that your script is looking for the
next
> days data. Something like ref(Close,1) will look for next days
data so
> you will not get a signal until you have that data.
>
> TaMeR

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM