[amibroker] Re: buying the biggest movers every day

Thanks guys,

Uenal: I am trying to run a backtest on a 5-year period, so i cannot
create a watchlist and apply my system to it for everyday, i need AB
to do this automatically

Ara: I think Using SetOption("MaxOpenPositions") with Positionscore
would not do the job because although it would ensure that i dont
enter more than 30 positions in one day, those 30 positions would
not necessarily be from the group of stocks which were the 30
biggest % movers yesterday.

i wonder if addtocomposite can somehow be used to do the job

Any suggestions are much appreciated

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> you might try limiting number the number of positions to 30.
>
> See SetOption("MaxOpenPositions") - search in help files for more
info

yesterday's 30
> > biggest movers.
> >
> > Any help on this is much appreciated.

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, b <b519b@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Since you are asking a very basic question, I have put a
> > > lot of "hand holding" into the code below. My apologies if
> > > too much was put in.
> > >
> > > // The extra steps are for clarity of understanding
> > > // volume filter added to avoid illiquid stocks.
> > > // Timing filter also added but set to "1" since you
> > > // did not say what timer you want to use.
> > > // Tradedelay = 1 lets one use Ref(close,-1) and close
> > >
> > > SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1); //
> > >
> > > CloseYesterday = ref(close,-1);
> > > CloseToday = close;
> > > Gain = (CloseToday - CloseYesterday) / CloseYesterday ;
> > > Positionscore = Gain;
> > >
> > > Portfoliosize = 20
> > > Positionsize = -100/Portfoliosize ;
> > >
> > > BuyFilters = MA(volume,10) > 100000 ;
> > > TimerFilter = 1 ;// "1" is always true
> > > Buy = BuyFilters AND TimerFilter;
> > > Sell = ...your sell code ...;
> > >
> > > // The above will buy the 20 stocks with the largest
> > > // gains

> > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection
around
> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links