[amibroker] Concept Help

There was a post recently about using a calendar year strategy which got me thinking about an idea I have been wanting to test but I am not sure how to start as I have run into some problems trying to think this through.  The two strategies are listed below and come from a money manager that reportedly has some good returns with low volatility. I would like to verify whether this is potentially true.

Strategy #1
Annually (calendar years) invest 50% of portfolio in best STYLE index of preceding year (Universe: R2K Gr, R2K Val, SP500 Gr, Sp 500 Val.   Invest the other 50% in the previous years worst 3 (absolute performance)of the 10 S&P Sectors.  Rebalance annually on Jan. 1.

Strategy #2

Annually invest 1/3 of the portfolio in the Momentum Style approach from strategy #1,   1/3 of the portfolio in the Contrarian Sector approach from strategy #1 and invest the last 1/3 in a MOMENTUM SECTOR approach where you invest in the BEST 3 SECTORS of the trailing 6 months (this piece is rebalanced quarterly).

My questions are 1.) Can I use rotational trading if I have a position score that is both good and bad (best & worst performers?) 2.) Can you combine systems into one backtest? This is probably way over my head but it seemed to have all of the elements that would make a great learning example to work through and be a good case study of concepts.

Any guidance or previous posts that might get me started is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS