[amibroker] Open Request for some help...

I've had an unbelieveable # of problems with running AB 4.70 Pro on
my brand-new Toshiba Pentium 4 computer.

1. First I could not create a link to AB thru my existing VBA script
that ran fine on my old computer.   Somehow the registry entries
became corrupt during installation and the uninstall/reinstall never
cleared that up.  I believe we got that fixed thru a lot of manual
intervention and mucking with the registry (always a bad idea).

2. Now Amiquote bombs instantly upon launch.  i.e. "Quote MFC
Application has encounted a problem and needs to close." "AppName:
quote.exe	 AppVer: 1.8.0.0	 ModName: quote.exe
ModVer: 1.8.0.0	 Offset: 00001933"

So I am unable to update any quotes.

This is a great a program, and love its features.   Unfortunately,
I'm retaining my old computer until I can get AB to run on the new
computer.

Can anyone offer me anything else I can try?

I've already sent screen shots & these details, to
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx about a week-ago and yet to get a reply.

I've tried the install/uninstall/re-install many times.  I've also
searched the registry for references to 'broker' and 'quote' after
the uninstall to make sure nothing got left behind.

TIA
Ashok Patel

Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM