[amibroker] Re: need script to change symbol

Easy solution would be to use "alias" instead of "ticker" for symbols
in the new format. You would need to export the symbol list to Excel
(or other spreadsheet program), create the second column with aliases
and then import those aliases to AB.

This works perfectly if you update eod data from ASCii files.  The
question is can all RT/EOD plugins be set to work with "alias"
instead of "ticker"?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lesmond V" <ebsn247@xxxx> wrote:
> Very interesting question for those of us who use US data feeds to
> update non-us stocks an might one day decide to change the feed.
> Example:
>
> WestJet Airlines Ltd - Toronto Stock Exchange
>
> WJA-TC  - eSignal
> WJA-T   - MyTrack
> TSE:WJA - Qcharts
> T:WJA   - Canada Stockwatch (through QuoteTracker)
>
> Is there a script that would allow changing the symbol format in the
> whole database (and updating sector/watch list tree accordingly)?
>
> Lesmond
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "murthysuresh" <money@xxxx> wrote:
> > I am moving from esignal to stockwatch. how do i change my tse
> symbols
> > from symbol-tc to t:symbol. is there a script that can do it in
> bulk.
> > Appreciate ur response.
> >
> > surehs

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM